Editors: Johann de Bono, Silke Gillessen, Niven Mehra, Yohann Loriot
In the fast-moving field of genitourinary (GU) cancers, ESMO presents the second edition of the Genitourinary Tract Tumours: Essentials for Clinicians. Published in 2020, the book informs on the latest research and up-to-date practice concepts in prostate, urothelial, testicular and kidney cancers, alongside less frequent malignancies such as penile and adrenal tumours.
New content includes:
- Current insight in both inherited and somatic cancer genetics
- Predictive biomarkers for tailored therapy in GU tract tumours
- The most promising novel treatment options currently under investigation
- The latest advances on staging and treatment of metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer
- Plus, a new chapter: New drugs and novel treatment strategies for urothelial carcinoma
All chapters have been authored by renowned specialists from a range of disciplines such as urology, radio-oncology, pathology and medical oncology. The first part of the book focuses on the essential information or “What every oncologist should know” about diagnostic approach, staging and treatment options of common GU tract tumours, encompassing surgical, radiotherapeutic and medical oncological modalities. In the second part, the basics are complemented with “More advanced knowledge” as well as information on less frequent GU cancers.
The book uses concise text paired with informative illustrations and includes a very useful appendices section with staging classifications. Each chapter presents take-home messages, revision questions and a further reading list for more detailed information on the topic. It is aimed at medical oncologists in training; however, the book is also informative for other physicians and practitioners wishing to receive continuing education in the field of urogenital oncology.