Conditions of Use of OncologyPRO
The European Society for Medical Oncology (hereafter "ESMO") grants you a limited license to access and make use of this site and the content, Subject to the terms set out herein and the terms of www.esmo.org.
OncologyPRO is intended for healthcare professional educational purposes only and is not a substitute for any official product information or the physician's individual treatment decision. OncologyPRO is explicitly not intended to provide you with individualised diagnostic or therapeutic medical advice. Therefore, the application cannot replace a patient-specific diagnosis and treatment decision on the basis of a clinical examination by the physician.
This website and any portion hereof may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, downloaded, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited unless specifically allowed by these terms. You may not frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout and form) of ESMO and/or its licensors without the express written consent of the relevant party. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilising ESMO and/or its licensors' name or Marks without the express written consent of the relevant party. The trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos on this site are trademarks of ESMO and/or its licensors.
The OncologyPRO Logo is a registered trademark and its use is protected under international copyright laws. Reproduction or use of the OncologyPRO logo, in any circumstances, without prior written permission of ESMO, is strictly prohibited.
The content provided is owned by ESMO and/or their licensors and protected by Swiss and international copyright laws. ESMO and their licensors retain all proprietary rights to the content.
The content is provided "as is" and ESMO does not make any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, correctness or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the products or content, or as to any product or content being uninterrupted or error free, or that all errors in any product or content will be corrected.
Medical information is renewed on a daily basis. Although every effort has been made to ensure that drug doses, treatments, and other information are presented accurately on this Website, the ultimate responsibility rests with the prescribing physician. It should be kept in mind that some changes may be necessary to treatment and drug administration protocols in the light of the evidence from current literature. Safety standards should always apply in the management of patients. Website users are advised to check product information, including dosage, administration and contraindications before commencing any drug or medical procedure with a patient. For detailed prescribing information on the use of any product or procedure please consult the prescribing information or instructional material issued by the manufacturer. ESMO, including but not restricted to, the publishers, editors and faculty, and OncologyPRO contributors are not responsible for any loss or damages including those to patients or equipment. All scientific information and recommendations remain the intellectual property of ESMO due to the EU Copyright Directive 93/98/EEC, no part of this Website may be reproduced or distributed in any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system, without the prior written permission of the publisher. All the copying and distribution rights belong to ESMO.
Access to restricted content
- is provided as a consequence of and subject to your continued paid membership of ESMO.
- will end with the cessation of your ESMO membership.
Users are entitled
- to access, download, print and read a reasonable amount of content for non-commercial, scientific research and education purposes only.
- to share (including temporary storage) small portions of the content with third parties solely for illustrative purposes to support academic research. The following accreditation must be used: "This information is provided by ESMO" and, where possible, please link back to the original article.
Users are NOT entitled (either themselves, or by enabling a third party)
- except as expressly set out above, to share or allow access by any third party (including non-licensed ESMO members) to the content (including sharing or allowing a third party to use username/password).
- to extract content programmatically or automatically.
- to create derivative databases from some or all of the content.
- to use the content for medical diagnosis or treatment purposes.
- to use any content from the website or any ESMO mark/logo on a website, blog or other product or service or elsewhere, except as headlines linked to related full-text on this site and placed on private individual- user, non-commercial pages on Social Media such as Twitter or Facebook.
ESMO does not take responsibility for the use of its content outside of any of its own branded online platforms (which include ESMO Websites, branded social media and/or social sharing platforms). ESMO accepts no responsibility for any content which has been downloaded or shared on a non-ESMO branded platform.
Any breach of these terms will result in suspension and/or termination of your access to the content. Upon termination of your access rights for any reason (including on cessation of your ESMO membership) you will be required to delete any locally stored content you have obtained through this service.