Oops, you're using an old version of your browser so some of the features on this page may not be displaying properly.

MINIMAL Requirements: Google Chrome 24+Mozilla Firefox 20+Internet Explorer 11Opera 15–18Apple Safari 7SeaMonkey 2.15-2.23

Poster Display session 2

733 - Clinical experience: ramucirumab with FOLFIRI/XELIRI as a second line for patients with metastatic gastric cancer


29 Sep 2019


Poster Display session 2


Tumour Site

Gastric Cancer


Tatiana Titova


Annals of Oncology (2019) 30 (suppl_5): v253-v324. 10.1093/annonc/mdz247


T. Titova1, N. Besova1, E. Artamonova2, E. Perminova3

Author affiliations

  • 1 Chemotherapy, N. N. Blokhin Russian Cancer Research Center, 115478 - Moscow/RU
  • 2 Chemotherapy, FSBI-N. N. Blokhin Russian Cancer Research Center, 117535 - Moscow/RU
  • 3 Chemotherapy, 62 City Oncology Hospital, Moscow, 143423 - Moscow/RU


Login to get immediate access to this content.

If you do not have an ESMO account, please create one for free.

Abstract 733


Previous studies demonstrated that the combination of chemotherapy with ramucirumab allows to improve the treatment results in advanced gastric cancer (GC). The one of the available options for the second line chemotherapy is combination of irinotecan with fluoropyrimidines. As angiogenesis inhibitors can enhance the efficacy of chemotherapy, we investigated the combination of irinotecan and fluoropyrimidines with ramucirumab in metastatic GC.


Eligible patients had advancedmorphologicallyverifiedGC and disease progression during or within 4 months following first-line therapy. They received FOLFIRI plus ramucirumab(8 mg/kg on day 1) or XELIRI in combination with ramucirumab(8 mg/kg on days 1 and 8). The primary end point was progression-free survival (PFS). Secondary end-points were overall survival (OS), disease control rate (DCR) and safety.


Between September 2015 and October 2018, 23 patients were enrolled. Median number of cycles was 9 (2-20). Six patients achieved a partial response (PR) for an objective response rate of 26.1%. A total of 15 (65.2%) patients had stable disease (SD) for a DCR of 91.3%. With a median follow up 8,2 months, median PFS was 7.6 months (95% CI 5.9-9.2) and the median OS was 9.5 months (95% Cl 6.74 – 12.3). Median duration of PR response was 4,5 months (2,7-5,2 +) and median duration of SD was 4,2 months (2,1-10,1+ ).The main treatment-related grade 3 or 4 adverse events were decreased neutrophil count (1/23; 4.3%), anemia (1/23; 4.3%) and diarrhea (1/23; 4.3).The most frequent adverse events of special interest (AESIs) any grade were hypertension (10/23; 43.4%), bleeding/hemorrhage (5/23; 21.7%), proteinuria (5/23; 21.7%) and venous thromboembolic events (6/23; 26%). Gastrointestinal perforationdeveloped in two patients (2/23; 8.7%). No treatment-related deaths occurred.


In our research ramucirumab with irinotecan and fluoropyrimidinesdemonstrate the high activity and a manageable safety profile in patients with pre-treated metastatic GC.

Clinical trial identification

Editorial acknowledgement

Legal entity responsible for the study

Besova N.S.


Has not received any funding.


All authors have declared no conflicts of interest.

This site uses cookies. Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.

For more detailed information on the cookies we use, please check our Privacy Policy.

Customise settings
  • Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and you can only disable them by changing your browser preferences.