Some important notes:
- By applying the simple measures outlined here you can help to reduce the severity of skin reactions.
- Skin reactions usually respond well to skin care and treatment.
- Skin reactions are not usually permanent. They may improve despite ongoing treatment with anti-EGFR drugs and disappear once this treatment is stopped.
- It is important that you start taking care of your skin from the first day you take an anti-EGFR drug. By dedicating time every day to follow some simple steps you can make a difference in the severity of skin reactions.
- Skin reactions caused by these drugs often look like acne, but they are not and should not be treated with anti-acne products.
- Skin reactions are not contagious. You will not pass them on to other people.
- The earlier skin reactions are treated the better. If your symptoms worsen or you have any questions, it is important that you contact your doctor or nurse.