ESMO PracticeUpdate Conference Series:
Videos from #ESMO20 on Supportive Measures
Key Takeaways from ESMO: Prevention and treatment of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- What are some of the issues surrounding CINV that were clarified at this year's ESMO?
- What has the recent data on olanzapine suggested about the appropriate dose?
- Were there any other data from ESMO that could help with the management of CINV?
Key Takeaways from ESMO: COVID-19 and Cancer Care
- How did the presentations at this conference help us understand relevant risk factors for adverse outcomes among oncology patients with COVID infection?
- What are some of the key aspects of dealing with patient concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are some of the positive changes that you have seen that might help in the future?
- What is the economic impact of virtualized care?
- Has this changed the paradigm between you and the community oncologist and how a patient is referred?
Key Takeaways from ESMO: New Developments in Supportive Care
- What are some of the key studies presented at this year's ESMO on supportive care?
Key Takeaways from ESMO: Cardiotoxicity in cancer patients
- There are several studies at this conference looking at cardiotoxicity in cancer patients. What did we learn about some of the clinical situations that predispose to cardiotoxicity?
- How would you monitor for cardiotoxicity with anthracyclines in all patients versus patients who have sarcopenia?
- Are there any markers that you can use to monitor for cardiotoxicity?
- For patients who have delayed cardiotoxicity with anthracyclines, obviously drug discontinuation is already done. What other steps can be taken, other than just managing the cardiac side effects?
Key Takeaways from ESMO: Impact of immunotherapy on quality of life
- There was a global review of data on quality of life in patients on immunotherapy that was presented at this year's ESMO. What were some of the key insights?
- Are there specific toxicities with immunotherapy that you would want to caution the patient about?
- For a lot of diseases, there is debate between doing combination chemotherapy and immunotherapy, or sequential chemotherapy and immunotherapy. In terms of quality of life are there any general observations that you can make about this?
- What about dual checkpoint blockade, does that, in general, increase toxicities?
The ESMO PU Conference Series – A collaboration brought to you by Elsevier’s PracticeUpdate and the European Society for Medical Oncology.