Oops, you're using an old version of your browser so some of the features on this page may not be displaying properly.

MINIMAL Requirements: Google Chrome 24+Mozilla Firefox 20+Internet Explorer 11Opera 15–18Apple Safari 7SeaMonkey 2.15-2.23

Validation of the Palliative Prognostic Score (PaP score) in Patients with Metastatic Cancer in RSUP Dr. Sardjito Yogayakarta Indonesia (469P)

Date

18 Nov 2017

Session

Poster lunch

Presenters

Dian Pratiwi

Citation

Annals of Oncology (2017) 28 (suppl_10): x144-x148. 10.1093/annonc/mdx673

Authors

D. Pratiwi1, P.C. Dewanti1, K. Widayati2, J. Kurnianda2

Author affiliations

  • 1 Divison Of Hematology And Medical Oncology Medic Department Of Internal Medicine, Sardjito Yogyakarta Hospital, 55284 - Yogyakarta/ID
  • 2 Division Of Haematology And Medical Oncology, Department Of Internal Medicine, Gadjah Mada University/Dr. Sardjito General Hospital, 55281 - Yogyakarta/ID
More

Resources

Background

The burden of cancer mortality continues to increase in developing countries, most likely due to the advanced stage at diagnosis. Since the treatment for this population is not of curative intent, identifying the terminal stage is important. The palliative prognostic score (PaP score) can be used to predict the probability of survival within 30 days in patients with advanced/metastatic cancer. PaP score consists of three iso-prognostic groups of the heterogenous patient related to the chance of 30 days survival. There are group A, with score 0-5.5 (the probability of survival within 30 days is > 70%, group B, with score 6-11 (the probability of survival within 30 days is 30%-70%), and group C, with score 11.5-17.5 (the probability of survival within 30 days is 

Methods

The design of this prognostic study was cohort, which included 159 inpatients and outpatients with metastatic cancer visited Tulip Cancer Clinic RSUP Dr. Sardjito, Yogyakarta, between May 2015-May 2016. The PaP score was calculated for this population. The positive predictive value of PaP score was evaluated and survival analysis was performed to compare the survival of the three groups.

Results

PaP score was tested in 159 subjects with overall median survival of 90 days; 76 patients were included in group A, 22 patients in group B, and 61 patients in group C. The 30-days survival probability was 98.7% for group A (median survival could not be assessed), 63.6% for group B (median survival is 35 days) and 3.3% for group C (median survival is 6 days). These survival differences were highly significant (log-rank test of trends, X2=203,97; p 

Conclusions

PaP score is a valid test tool in determining prognosis in patients with metastatic cancer with high accuracy and precision to predict survival within 30 days.

Clinical trial identification

Medical and Health Research Ethics Committee (MHREC) Faculty of Medicine Gadjah Mada University Dr. Sadjito General Hospital Ethics Committee Approval Ref: KF/FK460/EC.

Legal entity responsible for the study

Dr. Sardjito Hospital Yogyakarta Indonesia

Funding

None

Disclosure

All authors have declared no conflicts of interest.

Resources from the same session

This site uses cookies. Some of these cookies are essential, while others help us improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.

For more detailed information on the cookies we use, please check our Privacy Policy.

Customise settings