Chapter 01 - Safeguarding Exercise Capacity Throughout and After Cancer Treatment
- Ballard-Barbash R, Friedenreich C, Courneya KS, et al. Physical activity, biomarkers, and disease outcomes in cancer survivors: a systematic review. J Natl Cancer Inst 2012; 104:815–840.
- Buffart LM, Galvão DA, Brug J, et al. Evidence-based physical activity guidelines for cancer survivors: current guidelines, knowledge gaps and future research directions. Cancer Treat Rev 2014; 40: 327–340.
- Courneya K.S, Friedenreich CM (Eds). Physical Activity and Cancer. Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 2011.
- Fong DYT, Ho JWC, Hui BPH, et al. Physical activity for cancer survivors: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. BMJ 2012; 344: e70.
- Lustberg MB, Reinbolt RE, Shapiro CL. Bone health in adult cancer survivorship. J Clin Oncol 2012; 30:3665–3674.
- Singh F, Newton RU, Galvão DA, et al. A systematic review of pre-surgical exercise intervention studies with cancer patients. Surg Oncol 2013; 22:92–104.
- Speck RM, Courneya KS, Mâsse LC, et al. An update of controlled physical activity trials in cancer survivors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Cancer Surviv 2010; 4:87–100.
- Steins Bisschop CN, Velthuis MJ, Wittink H, et al. Cardiopulmonary exercise testing in cancer rehabilitation: a systematic review. Sports Med 2012; 42:367–379.
- Strasser B, Steindorf K, Wiskemann J, Urlrich CM. Impact of resistance training in cancer survivors: a meta-analysis. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2013; 45:2080–2090.