ESMO Guidelines: Real World Cases - Live Webinars
Live Webinar: Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Chair: Solange Peters
Speakers: Elene Mariamidze, David Planchard, Michiel Strijbos
Aired live on 26 January 2021
*The ESMO Webinar Series is freely available to all healthcare professionals working in Oncology.
- Welcome and Introduction, Prof. Solange Peters, Chair Medical Oncology, Oncology Department - CHUV, Lausanne University, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Case Presentation, Dr. Elene Mariamidze, Medical oncologist in training - Research institute of clinical medicine after academician F.Todua (RICM), Tbilisi, Georgia
- Presentation of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for Critical Analysis of the Case, Prof. David Planchard, Head of Thoracic Cancer Group - Department of Medical Oncology, Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
- Considerations related to Guideline implementation in everyday clinical practice and Discussion, Prof. Michiel Strijbos, Medical Oncologist - GZA Hospital Sint-Augustinus, Antwerp, Belgium
- Online Questionnaire - attendees
- To promote evidence-based quality cancer care by disseminating the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines in the oncology community.
- Present a clinical case for each of the selected topics for discussion in the context of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations.
- Present and critically review the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for each selected cancer type.
- Discuss the case, the ESMO CPG recommendations, their impact on care and implementability in the daily practice setting under the guidance of a moderator senior expert, with the participation of the guideline authors, practicing oncologists and young oncologists.
- Audit the fulfillment of the learning objectives and acceptability of the ESMO CPG recommendations by means of an online questionnaire.