ESMO Guidelines: Real World Cases - Webinar Series
Webinar on Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Chair: Andrés Cervantes
Speakers: Angela Lamarca, Arndt Vogel, Radu Vidra
Aired live on 2 March 2021
*The ESMO Webinar Series is freely available to all healthcare professionals working in Oncology.
- Welcome and Introduction, Prof. Andrés Cervantes, Professor of Medicine and Head of Dept. Medical Oncology, Biomedical Research institute INCLIVA, University of Valencia, Spain
- Case Presentation, Dr. Angela Lamarca, Consultant in Medical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Presentation of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for Critical Analysis of the Case, Prof. Arndt Vogel, Managing Senior Consultant, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School. Hannover, Germany
- Considerations related to Guideline implementation in everyday clinical practice and Discussion, Prof. Radu Vidra, Medical Oncologist at Regional Institute of Gastroenterology and Hepatology “Prof. Dr. Octavian Fodor” Cluj-Napoca. Cluj, Romania
- Online questionnaire
- To promote evidence-based quality cancer care by disseminating the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines in the oncology community.
- Present a clinical case for each of the selected topics for discussion in the context of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations.
- Present and critically review the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for each selected cancer type.
- Discuss the case, the ESMO CPG recommendations, their impact on care and implementability in the daily practice setting under the guidance of a moderator senior expert, with participation of the guideline authors, practicing oncologists and young oncologists.
- Audit the fulfillment of the learning objectives and acceptability of the ESMO CPG recommendations by means of an online questionnaire.