ESMO Guidelines: Real World Cases - Webinar Series
Webinar on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
Chair: Martin Dreyling
Speakers: Lydia Scarfo, Barbara Eichhorst, Manuela Hoechstetter
Aired live on 27 April 2021
*The ESMO Webinar Series recording and slides are freely available to all healthcare professionals working in Oncology.
- Welcome and Introduction, Prof. Martin Dreyling, Professor of Medicine and Head of the Lymphoma Programme in the Department of Medicine III at LMU Hospital, Munich
- Case Presentation, Dr. Lydia Scarfo, Assistant Professor Internal Medicine at Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele.
- Presentation of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline for Critical Analysis of the Case, Prof. Barbara Eichhorst, Assistant Professor and Consultant at Department I for Internal Medicine and Center for Integrated Oncology Oncology Aachen, Bonn, Cologne, Duesseldorf, University of Cologne
- Considerations related to Guideline implementation in everyday clinical practice and Discussion, Dr. Manuela Hoechstetter, Senior Physician at the Department for Internal Medicine I, München Klinik Schwabing, Munich, Germany
- Online questionnaire
- To promote evidence-based quality cancer care by disseminating the ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines in the oncology community.
- Present a clinical case for each of the selected topics for discussion in the context of the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations.
- Present and critically review the ESMO Clinical Practice Guideline recommendations for each selected cancer type.
- Discuss the case, the ESMO CPG recommendations, their impact on care and implementability in the daily practice setting under the guidance of a moderator senior expert, with the participation of the guideline authors, practicing oncologists and young oncologists.
- Audit the fulfillment of the learning objectives and acceptability of the ESMO CPG recommendations by means of an online questionnaire.