Drugs & Biologics
Drugs & Biologics provides
essential pharmacological information on bioactive compounds in the
drug R&D pipeline that are under development for the treatment
of breast cancer, lung cancer, head & neck cancer,
colorectal cancer, GIST, stomach cancer and sarcoma. Principal
sources of information are the biomedical literature, congress
abstracts and company communications. Only those compounds in phase
I-III trials, preregistered, registered and launched are displayed.
The bioactive compounds presented are under active development,
meaning that over the last 12-18 months the company or organization
has been actively informing the public on the development of the
product, or a significant number of references on the compound
indicating its progress have been published in the biomedical
literature and/or as congress abstracts. Information is updated on
a monthly basis.
Fields displayed within each
- Generic name, code name and brand name (or product category if
none of these are available).
- Highest phase: indicates the highest development status level
for a Drug & Biologic.
- Mechanism of action: utilizes a controlled vocabulary including
molecular and cellular mechanisms.
- Therapeutic group: utilizes a controlled vocabulary that
describes the various types of pharmacological/therapeutic groups
into which bioactive compounds can be classified.
- Organization: the name(s) of the main company or organization
working on the development of the bioactive compound.