Young Woman with Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 2 (MEN2) and Medullary Thyroid Cancer
22 year old woman
1996: congenital megacolon secondary to intestinal Ganglioneuromatosis diagnosed at 3 years of age.
She was treated with a partial colectomy.
First presentation & physical examination
The patient had Dysphagia and weight loss (weight: 38 kg)
- TA: 113/86 mmHg. Heart rate: 101 bpm
- Dermatofolliculitis grade 1-2
- Marfanoid habitus. Peculiar facies. Normal oral cavity
- Neck: enlarged thyroid size. Multiple cervical and supraclavicular lymph nodes
- Chest: normal cardiopulmonary auscultation. Kyphoscoliosis
- Abdomen: normal bowel sounds. No masses or organ enlargement
- Arms and legs: no oedema or signs of thrombosis
Review the case study and compare your treatment decisions
The author has reported no conflict of interest