Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition is a specialised business of Danone, focused on pioneering nutritional discoveries that help people live healthier and longer lives. Nutricia aims to establish medical nutrition as an integral part of healthcare, expanding Danone's mission to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Nutricia's extensive range of evidence-based nutrition products and services offer proven benefits and better patient outcomes. The company works with doctors and healthcare professionals in 40 countries to deliver better care and to lower the cost of care. Nutricia serves patients in hospitals, care home settings and in the community.
The company pioneers nutritional solutions for oncology, critical care, stroke, frailty and memory loss. In paediatric care, Nutricia offers innovative products and services for the management of cow’s milk allergy, genetic metabolic disorders and faltering growth.
For more information, visit www.nutricia.com
Content provided by the sponsor
Industry Satellite Symposia at ESMO 2016 Congress
A Nutricia-sponsored satellite symposium entitled 'Expert Clinics On Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Individualizing Care One Patient at a Time', was presented at the ESMO 2016 Congress in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Computed tomography-defined muscle and fat wasting are associated with cancer clinical outcomes. Kazemi-Bajestani SMR, Mazurak VC, Baracos V (2016) Seminars in cell & developmental biology 54:2-10.
- Preoperative cancer cachexia and short-term outcomes following surgery. Mason MC, Garcia JM, Sansgiry S, Walder A, Berger DH, Anaya DA (2016) Journal of Surgical Research 205(2):398-406.
- A systematic review to establish health-related quality-of-life domains for intervention targets in cancer cachexia. Wheelwright SJ, Darlington AS, Hopkinson JB, Fitzsimmons D, White A, Johnson CD (2016) BMJ supportive & palliative care 6(3):307-14.
- Cancer Cachexia: Beyond Weight Loss. Bruggeman AR, Kamal AH, LeBlanc TW, Ma JD, Baracos VE, Roeland EJ (2016) Journal of Oncology Practice 12(11):1163-71.
Nutritional Status and Intervention
- ESPEN guidelines on nutrition in cancer patients. Arends J, Bachmann P, Baracos V, Barthelemy N, Bertz H, Bozzetti F, Fearon K, Hutterer E, Isenring E, Kaasa S, Krznaric Z, Laird B, Larsson M, Laviano A, Muhlebach S, Muscaritoli M, Oldervoll L, Ravasco P, Solheim T, Strasser F, de van der Schueren M, Preiser JC (2016) Clin Nutr.
- Detailed Dietary Assessment in Patients with Inoperable Tumors: Potential Deficits for Nutrition Care Plans. Vidra N, Kontogianni MD, Schina E, Gioulbasanis I (2016) Nutrition and cancer:1-9.
- n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation during cancer chemotherapy. Morland SL, Martins KJB, Mazurak VC (2016) Journal of Nutrition and Intermediary Metabolism 5:107-16.
- Detection and treatment of medical inpatients with or at-risk of malnutrition: Suggested procedures based on validated guidelines. Bounoure L, Gomes F, Stanga Z, Keller U, Meier R, Ballmer P, Fehr R, Mueller B, Genton L, Bertrand PC, Norman K, Henzen C, Laviano A, Bischoff S, Schneider SM, Kondrup J, Schuetz P (2016) Nutrition 32(7-8):790-8.
- Nutritional care of cancer patients: a survey on patients' needs and medical care in reality. Maschke J, Kruk U, Kastrati K, Kleeberg J, Buchholz D, Erickson N, Huebner J (2016) International journal of clinical oncology.
- Awareness and consideration of malnutrition among oncologists: Insights from an exploratory survey. Caccialanza R, Cereda E, Pinto C, Cotogni P, Farina G, Gavazzi C, Gandini C, Nardi M, Zagonel V, Pedrazzoli P (2016) Nutrition 32(9):1028-32.
Supportive / Palliative Care
- Combining nutrition and exercise to optimize survival and recovery from critical illness: Conceptual and methodological issues. Heyland DK, Stapleton RD, Mourtzakis M, Hough CL, Morris P, Deutz NE, Colantuoni E, Day A, Prado CM, Needham DM (2016) Clinical nutrition 35(5):1196-206.
- Living with Cancer: an Educational Intervention in Cancer Patients Can Improve Patient-Reported Knowledge Deficit. Padrnos L, Bennett R, Kosiorek H, Dueck AC, Northfelt D, Mikhael J, Tibes R, Khera N, Mesa RA (2016) Journal of cancer education.
- Aggressiveness of End-of-Life Care for Hospitalized Individuals with Cancer with and without Dementia: A Nationwide Matched-Cohort Study in France. Morin L, Beaussant Y, Aubry R, Fastbom J, Johnell K (2016) Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 64(9):1851-7.
ESMO only accepts content from third parties after careful evaluation of its educational and scientific relevance to the ESMO target audience. Eligible material should meet the essential criterion of non-promotional intent. Such material may be published in other resources, but the content donor has given permission to ESMO for use in OncologyPRO.